THE EFFECT OF ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND LEADERSHIP UPON JOB SATISFACTION AND JOB PERFORMANCE OF THE EMPLOYEES (The study at PT Promed Farma, Sukabumi, West Java)

Ratno .

Abstract


This study aims to examine the effect of the organizational culture and the leadership upon job satisfaction and job performance of the employees. The samples of this study are 125 employees of PT Promed Farma at the manufacturing division applying the proportional random sampling technique. And the hypothesis test has applied the Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) method. The Result of the Analysis has indicated that the organizational culture and the leadership have positively affecting job satisfaction. Organizational culture and job satisfaction have significantly and positively affected job performance of the employees, nevertheless, directly leadership has not significantly affected job performance of the employees. This research has proven that the organizational culture and the leadership have indirectly provided bigger effect upon job performance of the employees when it has been built up thru the highest level of job satisfaction. The variables of the organizational culture, leadership and job satisfaction have determined job performance of the employees which is 75% and the rest of 25% has been determined by other variables that have not been studied yet.

Keywords: Organizational Culture, leadership style, job satisfaction and employee performance.


Full Text:

PDF

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 49 times| PDF view : 22 times

References


Brahmasari dan Suprayetno, Pengaruh Motivasi Kerja, Kepemimpinan dan Budaya Organisasi Terhadap Kepuasan Kerja Karyawan serta Dampaknya pada Kinerja Perusahaan.Jurnal Manajemen dan Kewirausahaan, No.2, Vol. 10, 2008.

Colquitt, A. Jason, Lepine, A. Jeffery, Wesson, J. Michael. Organizational Behavior. New York, McGraw-Hill Companies, 2009.

Colquitt, Jason A., Lepine, Jeffery A. dan Wesson, Michael J. Organizational Behaviors: Improving Performance and Commitment In The Workplace. New York: McGraw – Hill / Irwin, 2009.

Gary Yukl. Kepemimpinan dalam Organisasi. Jakarta: PT. Indeks, 2010.

Gaspersz, Vincent. Manajemen Kualitas. Jakarta: Yayasan Indonesia Emas dan Garuda Pustaka Utama, 2002.

Gibson, James L., Ivancevich,John M. and Donelly, James H. Jr. Organizations. New York: McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 2006.

Greenberg, Jerald and Baron, Robert. A. Behavior in Organizations. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2003.

Krietner, R dan Kinicki, Angelo. Perilaku Organisasi. Jakarta: Salemba Empat, 2005.

Latan, Hengky. Structural Equation Modelling: Konsep dan Aplikasi, Bandung: Alfabeta, 2012

Mangkunegara, Anwar Prabu Mangkunegara. Evaluasi Kinerja SDM. Bandung: Refika Aditama, 2007.

Mathis, Robert L. dan Jackson, Jhon H. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta: Salemba Empat, 2002.

Nawawi, Hadari. Evaluasi dan manajemen Kinerja di Lingkungan Perusahaan dan Industri. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press , 2006.

Rani Mariam, Pengaruh Gaya Kepemimpinan dan budaya Organisasi terhadap Kinerja Karyawan melalui Kepuasan Kerja Karyawan sebagai Variabel intervening, http://eprints.undip.ac.id

Rivai, Veithzal dan Mulyadi. Kepemimpinan dan Perilaku Organisasi. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada, 2009.

Rivai, Veithzal. Performance Appraisal (Edisi Kedua). Jakarta: PT. Rajagrafindo Persada, 2011.

Robbins, Stephen P. Organizational Behavior. New Jersey: Prentice Hall International, Inc., 2003.

Robbins, Stephen P., dan Mary, Coulter. Manajemen. Jakarta: PT. Indeks, 2007.

Ruky, Achmad S. Sistem Manajemen Kinerja. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2006.

Sedarmayanti. Sumber Daya Manusia dan Produktivitas Kerja. Bandung: Mandar Maju, 2009.

Sondang, P. Siagian. Kiat Meningkatkan Produktivitas Kerja. Jakarta: PT. Rineka Cipta, 2002.

Stephen P. Robbins. Organizational Behavior. Jakarta: PT. Bhuana Ilmu Populer, 2001 .

Sulistiyani, Ambar Teguh dan Rosidah.Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosdakarya, 2003.

Tika, Moh. Pabundu. Budaya Organisasi dan Peningkatan Kinerja Perusahaan. Jakarta: PT. Bumi Aksara, 2006.

Wibowo, Budaya Organisasi: Sebuah kebutuhan untuk meningkatkan kinerja jangka panjang.J akarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada, 2011.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33062/mjb.v2i02.139

Cited By :

EDITORIAL OFFICE
Centre for Research and Community Services
STIE Binaniaga
Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi Binaniaga
Jl. Raya Pajajaran No. 100 - Bogor 16153
Telp. 0251-8360688  - Fax  0251-8354558
Email : jmngtbinaniaga100@gmail.com, p3m@stiebinaniaga.ac.id

e-ISSN : 2580-149X    p-ISSN : 2527-4317